Wednesday 10 March 2010

To Wit, To Woo

It may be widely assumed that owls represent wisdom, but I find them compelling for the sense of vulnerability that hangs about them.  They call to mind faded childhoods spent girlishly skipping around Brown Owl in crisp linen uniforms, yet those sorrowful eyes hint at grown-up secrets.  

On the bus home this evening, I picked up a copy of Stylist magazine, and Hannah Turner's cheeky winking owl reminded me of my very own owl that sits atop my bookshelves.


Mine was purchased on the cheap from a charity shop, of course, and has the rather odd feature of a wobbly removable head.  Just look at those eyes!


 

And here's the proof that I'm not the only one feeling the owl love...























Found at: North London Hospice, Crouch End
Price: £3.00
Usability Factor: 5/5
Accessorise with: This owl needs friends to stay awake with him at night.  I'll try Etsy for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment